To give a quick update to everyone on the intended Athletics Leinster T&F programme for 2021. Our T&F Competition Secretary, Carmel Kelly, will provide a more detailed programme of events over the next week or so, but the information below should give some preliminary information to allow your planning to commence.
We appreciate that there will be a small level of disappointment that it is not a full programme, but we know everyone will also appreciate the exceptional circumstances we are presently operating in.
Unfortunately the logistics just won't allow the traditional U9-U11 "Pairs" competition be held this year.
These events are being scheduled for 10th July 2021. In addition, some older age group longer distance events (eg. 3,000m) will be run on this date.
These events are being scheduled for 17th, 18th and 24th July.
Junior, Seniors & Masters
These Championships are scheduled for the 3rd & 4th of July
- The programme of events will only consist of 2021 National level events. Non-championship events (eg. U15 300m etc) will not be held.
- The will not be any relays, team events, combined events nor B championship this year.
- U12-U16 athletes will be restricted to 2 events.
- U17-U19 athletes will be restricted to 3 events.
- The venue is yet to be formally confirmed, but at this stage it is likely to be IT, Carlow for all competition dates.