Its with a heavy heart we to a say goodbye to our good friend & Chairman Pat Hooper whom tragically passed away today.
We are in complete shock as he only Chaired a Zoom meeting last night and was in great form, especially with Slovakia v. Ireland blaring away in the background of his "office".
1979 Irish Marathon Champion, 1980 Irish Olympic Marathoner and current Chairman of Dublin County Board,
He contributed so much to the sport of athletics whether this was at club level with his beloved Green & White Raheny Shamrock Athletic Club, Dublin County, Leinster & National Level.
He was one of the main drivers of the sport, encouraging people at every level along the way to get involved, he will be deeply missed by one & all.
Our sincerest sympathies to his wife. son Dave, and extended family.
A true giant of Irish Athletics has fallen...
Just a little update for the 2020 XC Season:
Our XC Secretary Greg Duggan, is working very hard to secure venues so that we have the ability to have a championship this year. It is by no means certain that venues can be secured, but at least a couple of possibilities have emerged that are being worked on. Again, if anyone has a venue to put forward please reach out to Greg on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Secondly, compliance with Covid regulations has required some difficult decisions to limit numbers in races and to limit overall numbers on the course. The main decisions being -
  1. There will not be any club competition this year for U11-U19 races, no club entries nor indivdual entries.
  2. There will only be a maximum of 8 athletes allowed to enter from each county in U11-U19 races.
  3. There will not be any U10 non-championship race.
  4. There will not be any spectators allowed into the course.
  5. Juvenile athletes will be entitled to be accompanied by one parent only.
Points 1 and 2 above were difficult decisions, but had to be taken. It will be up to County Boards to determine the 8 athletes that will be entered from each County for the Juvenile Races.
There will be Open, Club & County entry for the Juniors, Novice & Seniors XC Races.
AAI we only be taking the top 15 through to Nationals and there will be no bypass entries for U17-U19 through to Nationals for this year. 
The scheduled event dates are as follows - UPDATED 19th Oct
Given the latest restrictions all our XC dates are now postponed until we've more clarity regards Covid Restrictions.
TBC (Stradbally) - U12, U14, U16
TBC (Stradbally) - U18, Junior, Senior
Date (and venue) TBC - U11. U13, U15
Date (and venue) TBC - U17, U19, Novice

The first race each day will be at the earlier time of 10:00am and there will be reasonable time gaps between each race.
More specific information will be provided over the next week or two regarding such matters as Covid compliance, entry process etc.
We hope that everyone appreciates that matters countrywide are very fluid so we ask your understanding and co-operation in these most exceptional times.
Also attached are the National Protocols for XC in regards Covid:
Keep safe in these strange times!
Any queries please get in contact with Greg at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This year's Boyne Supports the Frontline: Virtual 5k promises to be even more exciting and more popular than our races in previous years.

Boyne A.C. aims to demonstrate the gratitude of our members to the Frontline workers in protecting our communities throughout the pandemic.

As a result, we have decided to donate all proceeds and race entries received to our deserving Frontline Charity Partners:

- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital ICU Dept. to fund an ICU Bed costing 3,300 Euro

- Drogheda Women's Refuge.

Our virtual 5k run titled " Boyne Supports the Frontline; Virtual 5k" takes place between Sunday 1st August 2020 and Sunday 20th September 2020.

Register on

Results can be added to MyRunResults.Com between these dates.

Option to purchase event t-shirt & donate further during registration.

We look forward to your support and generous donations to our Frontline charities.

Update 15th July 2020

Good Evening All,
Due to Ireland not progressing to Phase 4 on the 20th of July, we've been force to rethink how our championships are going to work. As we were working on a capacity of 500, but this is no longer the case. Therefore entries for all three days will not be opening this week.
Any queries please send them onto Andrew @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.




Good Morning All,

There are a few eager beavers out there this morning and have noticed that entires aren't open at the moment for our three days of compeition.

We were hoping to have entries open today, but now looks like later this week as our system provider is doing critical updates currenlty.


Any further queries please send them on to me @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Andrew Lynam
Leinster IT, Entries & Results Officer



Good Evening All,
Based on Phase 4 now set for the 31st of August, we are no longer in a position to host our Junior, Senior & Masters Champs in Santry for this season unfortunately.
We would encourage County's to host smaller competition in their local area for both Juvenile & Senior athletes as these would be possible under current government guidelines.
Our full support rows in behind Nationals in hopefully hosting their few outdoor T&F competitions for this year!
Leinster / Dublin Juvenile Entries won't open till we know the story with National Juveniles. Enquires to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Updated Dublin Graded Schedule:

Entries will open on 08.07.2020
Graded Meeting 1 on 22nd July Morton Stadium Santry
100m, 1500m & 10000m
HJ, PV, DT, & SP
Graded Meeting 2 on 5th August Tallaght Athletic Club Stadium
200m, & 800m
LJ, HT, & SP
Graded Meeting 3 on 12th August Morton Stadium Santry
400m, & 5000m
For more info please follow this link:
Good Evening All,
Leinster Committee with Reps from Dublin County Board met tonight,
It was decided to cancel the Juvenile Events (U17-U19) that were scheduled for the 1st of August.
It was also decided to postpone the Junior, Senior & Masters Event from the 8th & 9th August to the 14th, 15th & 16th August on the provision that Phase 4 goes ahead on the 10th of August. If Phase 4 is delayed, then this competition will be cancelled.
The reason behind this is 200 limits on outdoor gatherings cannot be guaranteed by ourselves given that Staff, Officials, Coaches, Parents, Spectators, Athletes Warming up, Competing, & Cooling Down are part of our cumulative numbers. It’s unfortunate but we have to obey government guidelines as they are currently set out.
We will not be opening entries until Phase 4 confirmation.
(ie. 6th / 7th of August)
Any further queries please get in contact with Andrew @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Good Afternoon All,

Normally by this time of year we would have concluded our Leinster T&F season unfortunately this year this is not the case.

The Leinster Executive meet during the week to see how we should proceed.

It was decieded to have compeition for U17s to Masters over 3 days in August.

Provisionally Dates:

Saturday the 1st of August - U17s to U19s Championship - U17-U19 Guests are welcome.

Saturday / Sunday the 8th / 9th of August - Junior, Senior & Masters Championship - Junior, Senior & Master Guests are welcome.


We will have more details to share over the coming weeks regards this years Outdoors.

Competitions are subject to government restrictions being eased and will have additional measures in place to ensure that the competitions are safe for all athletes, officials and spectators.

Unfortunately due to Goverment Restrictions we've had to cancel the Open Senior Competition that was due to go with the Juvenile on the 1st of August. We will be accepting guests for Juveniles U17-U19's Championships. 


If you've any queries please get in contact with Carmel @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


One point note is we will need officals assigned before the compeition day as there will be additional precautions we'll have to take due to Covid.

We be running an online training course hopefully before our compeition dates for anyone who is interested in helping out.

For those looking for more information please get in contact with Andrew @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.