- Hits: 661
Athletics Leinster would like to thank Raheny Shamrock Athletic Club for hosting the Leinster 10 Mile inside their own 2022 Battle of Clontarf 10 Mile.
The 10 mile race now in its seventh year takes place on Easter Monday April 18th, over a 10 mile course inside the scenic and historic St. Anne’s Park.
Having first been held as part of the Brian Boru celebrations, Raheny Shamrock Athletic Club have continued to promote the ever popular event, which also restored the Leinster 10 Mile road race championship.
Raheny Shamrock Athletic Club are proud to partner with Leinster Athletics with the Leinster championship medals on the line in St. Anne’s Park.
Race starts at 11am on the main avenue in St. Anne’s Park.
Entry fee is €25 and you can enter HERE
Please note all runners entered for the delayed 2020 race are automatically entered in the 2022 event.
- Hits: 932
Full steam ahead for our 2022 Indoor Season, best of luck to all our athletes competing this weekend!
Attach is the:
Timetable for Both day (Updated 2nd Feb - 60m Sprint Heats time misprint)
Please bear in mind that everyone that help out at Leinster from the Executive to our Officials are volunteers giving up their own personal time to ensure our championships come together.
It is vital that clubs give what they can preferable more than what’s listed above!
- Hits: 3240
- Hits: 1885
Athletics Leinster want to get more younger athletes / people involved in the Technical & Administration side of our competitions at Regional level, with an opportunity to progress to National level. Experience like this would greatly enhance their CV's and/or TY work experience, as well as giving them valuable life skills
Athletics Leinster are particularly looking for help in particular the more tech savvy areas such as
- Field tablets us for Live Results,
- Electronic Distance Measurement (EDMs) used for Horizontal Field Events.
- Photo Finish / Electronic Timing,
- Operating our Check In / Call Room / Results System Software, ties into the two above.
- Medal Presentation
- Officating at our different Track & Field Events
We Hope to do a day course towards the end of March on a lot of the above, more details to follow in the weeks ahead.
- Hits: 1442
The first three (3) from each region qualify for the National Championships.
U12 Hurdles, U14 to U15 Triple Jump, and U16 400m are not National Events and therefore there is no qualification.
Entries to be done by clubs for athletes whom have qualify via National Entries Sytem: 522: Leinster Entries National Juvenile Indoor Championships (19th Mar 2022)
ALL ATHLETES (U12-U19) MUST QUALIFY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS FROM THEIR REGION, no bypass in operation for the 2022 Indoor Season.
- Hits: 2122
Athletics Leinster have updated our indoor competitions booklet to reflect current guidelines. A copy of this is available here
The main changes are as follows:
- Given capacity restrictions, our programmes on the four days may start earlier & finish later than normal. Additionally, a number of field events may be held outdoors.
- While no Covid-19 certs will be required for U18s, those aged 18 and above will require Covid certification. A child u18 and younger may be accompanied by one parent/guardian. Protocols will be put in place around this and communciated to you in the coming weeks.
- Only 3 athletes per event in the U12-U19 age groups will qualify for All-Irelands from each region. An athlete must qualify from their region to compete. There will be no open entry for juveniles to nationals. This is a National Rule for the 2022 Indoor Season.
We expect to be open for registration early next week.
We thank you for your continued support.
- Hits: 2377
Page 2 of 7